Malvern Theatre Company Emerging Leaders Program 2024:
Intergenerational Conversations on Stage and Screen
Malvern Theatre Company Inc. is excited to announce our inaugural program to foster the upcoming generation of leaders in Live Theatre!
– APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED –
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF RESULTS IN EARLY DECEMBER
Who can apply?
16 to 24 year-olds who are seeking training and mentoring in the skills needed for participation in all aspects of live theatre, including: acting; directing; designing props, costumes, make-up, set, lighting and sound; publicity; and technical set-up and operation of sound and lighting.
- The scholarship covers all costs associated with a week-long intensive series of workshops, except for food and beverages
- Plays from Malvern’s 2022 Short-Play Writing Competition will be auditioned, rehearsed, designed, and performed on the Malvern stage, as well as recorded for release on YouTube
- Upon completion of the week-long workshop and performances of the short-plays, participants will be formally recognised for their achievements as alumni of Malvern Theatre Company’s ‘Emerging Leaders’ program
- The scholarship will connect winners with Malvern Theatre Company long-term, providing opportunities to participate in future productions through taking up leadership positions such as Co-Director, Co-Designer of costumes, lighting, publicity.
When and where?
- From January 14 to 21 2024, with a firm commitment 9:30am to 5:30pm on each of these days
- Malvern Community Arts Centre, 29 Burke Rd, Malvern East
How do I apply?
To assist with your application please prepare the following:
- a brief (two A4 page) CV, including a summary of your experiences to-date in live theatre, although please note that prior experience is not a pre-requisite for being awarded a scholarship – we welcome new-comers!
- a listing of a minimum of 3 aspects of live theatre in which you’d like to develop your knowledge and skills, chosen from the following: Acting, Costumes, Crewing, Directing, Lighting, Make-up, Props, Publicity, Set, Sound, Stage Management – the list should be in order of preference, and include an explanation of why you have chosen the aspect(s);
- any other reasons you have for applying for a scholarship.
Proudly supported by City of Stonnington