Malvern Theatre Co. Inc.
In line with the requirements of Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV), our Incorporated Association operates under Rules, which are based on the CAV Model Rules.
Additionally, the Purposes of the Malvern Theatre Company are to:
- encourage participation in, and appreciation of Drama and the Performing Arts;
- stage high quality productions;
- deliver productions on a regular basis each year;
- provide affordable theatre performances for the local community and beyond, in a conveniently located and comfortable venue with a friendly, welcoming atmosphere;
- update our members regularly through a newsletter, Madragro, and reporting on the Company’s activities to achieve its purposes;
- recruit volunteers to work in various ways with the Company, and support these voluntary workers, especially through providing a physically and mentally safe environment for their work, and developing their skill sets;
- encourage involvement of the local community with the Company in diverse ways, consistent with relevant guidelines such as the City of Stonnington’s Leasing/Licensing Policy;
- plan strategically and responsibly to ensure that the financial position of the Company can support its day-to-day operations, and continue to improve the theatre’s facilities in co-operation with the City of Stonnington;
- look for opportunities to innovate through Drama and Performing Arts programs beyond its regular seasons;
- build and maintain networks with theatre companies, umbrella groups such as the Victorian Drama League, and other organisations that support the Performing Arts; and
- support charitable organisations to raise funds, typically through preview performances, provided free-of-charge to these organisations.
The Association also has various policies, including a Code of Conduct. As an extension to the Company’s ‘Statement of Purpose’, this Code seeks to improve the theatrical skills of our performers, production staff and volunteers by making the theatrical experience attractive, safe and enjoyable for all.
Malvern Theatre Co. Inc. is a registered charity, eligible to receive tax deductible donations. By offering tickets for our Charity Preview performances to various organisations for fund-raising purposes, we support these charities and encourage engagement with our theatre company. Full details can be found by searching the Association name here: Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.